Shea Moisture Products
A few months ago I started using the Shea Butter from Shea Moisture and ever since I kept telling myself that I needed to buy more things from this line. Well I finally got around to it and I'm so happy I did!! Shea Moisture is an organic product line that doesn't test on animals, smells amazing, and can be found at your local drugstore for a great price!
I decided to begin with the curl and shine kit. Can anyone guess why?? That's right...Coconut!! LOL Plus I always air dry my hair in the summer and curl products work best for my hair when I let it air dry.
Curl & Shine Kit
This kit smells like PURE heaven to me!!! I was so hooked on this scent that I went out to buy the matching soap and lotion the next day. Love it!!
For women who want to show-off the natural beauty of their hair and escape using chemically laden products but are unsure of how to make the transition and get the look they want. When it comes to styling, maintaining and managing curly hair, our unique collection repairs and moisturizes dry damaged hair, while defining and maintaining natural curls.
- Curl & Shine Shampoo
- Moisturizes and defines curls, while restoring body and shine
- Curl & Style Milk
- Detangles, conditions, while restoring body and shine
- Note - this product does not provide hold. Best to use as a conditioning product
- Hold & Shine Moisture Mist
- Imparts a high-gloss shine, while providing hold and hydration to hair
- Curl Enhancing Smoothie
- All-natural hair dressing hydrates hair and imparts a shine and bounce to curls. It defines each curl without the crunch usually experienced when using regular gels. It provides a soft hold, while still maintaining the shape of your natural curl pattern
Key ingredients that curl, shine and moisturize hair:
- Coconut oil: Hydrates and protects hair from heat and chemical damage
- Silk protein: Reduces breakage, strengthens hair, adds smoothness and silkiness
- Neem oil: An age-old ayurvedic oil that strengthens hair and provides brilliant shine
- Sulfate free and color extending
- No parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, animal testing, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, or sulfates
- Wet hair and apply product according to length and density of hair
- Wash until scalp and hair are completely clean
- Rinse out completely
- After shampooing your hair, distribute conditioner evenly throughout wet hair
- Massage head and hair from roots to end for 5 minutes or until hair is detangled
- Rinse out with water
- Spray liberally through towel-dried hair from roots to ends and use a wide-tooth comb to distribute evenly
- Style as desired
- May be used on dry hair to freshen hairstyle
- Section hair and apply product sparingly to wet or dry hair
- Massage product completely into hair, and style as desired
- Do not rinse out
- May be used as a moisturizing styling cream to do twists, braids or wash and go styles
- Great for curly hair
I really like all 4 products that are in this kit, but the shampoo and Curl & Style Milk are my favorite. The shampoo lathers just like a regular shampoo, but this is sulfate free!! The shampoo also detangles my hair and leaves it feeling soft and clean; I could go without conditioner if I want to have more texture that day. The curl and style milk I use as a conditioner and sometimes as a leave in conditioner/styler when my hair needs extra moisture. The product I think I like the least is the Hold & Shine Moisture Mist; there is shine, but no hold! The curl enhancing smoothie is good for my waves, but it doesn't much to make them tighter.
Organic Raw Shea Butter Baby Oil Rub
Bathe skin gently with this ultra-moisturizing product. Soothing aloe vera skin-softening argan oil and healing chamomile, frankincense & myrrh extracts cleanse and nourish baby's delicate hair and body.
- Shea Butter: Deeply moisturizes and heals dry skin with its high content of fatty acids and vitamins
- Argan oil: High in vitamin E, this rare oil softens and renews the skin
- With frankincense & myrrh: Given as a gift of beauty throughout history, these precious extracts repair and rejuvenate skin
- Suitable for all ages
- No parabens, phthalates, paraffin, gluten, propylene glycol, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, PABA, synthetic color, DEA, or sulfates
- Cruelty free, no animal testing
Long time readers know that I love body oils and this is a new favorite!! I apply a light layer when I'm still damp from the shower and I don't need to apply any lotion. This oil is a bit thicker than what I'm used to so I don't suggest using a lot of this when it's really hot out, it will feel like you're wearing a winter coat!! I think this will be HEAVILY used come winter.
Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Soap and Shea Butter Lotion
A bounty of nutrient-rich tropical ingredients high in vitamins, minerals and fatty acids working together to stimulate collagen production, improve skin firmness and naturally smooth wrinkles. The anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties of the hibiscus flower help to maintain skin elasticity, improve skin tone and offer anti-aging effects.
- Brightening & toning
- With songyi mushroom
- Certified organic ingredients
- Tested on our family for four generations. Never tested on animals
This soap has a nice lather without drying out my skin. Plus it smells like heaven!!
The lotion feels very light on your skin, but it leaves your skin feeling very moisturized. No ashy elbows for me!!
Overall I am loving this brand and I am so happy I was able to find such an affordable organic brand at the drugstore!!
If you're interested in buying Shea Moisture products you can check your local Harmons (Face Values), Duane Reade, Walgreens, or Target.