Mommy Monday - Ergobaby Carrier
You know how some things just make your life easier..?? Coffee, Phones, and DVR to name a few.. Well that's what the Ergo Carrier is to me. Yes, I could live without it but I'm not sure how sane I would be without it. The model below is the one I own and I LOVE it. The design is the galaxy grey.
The ERGO Baby Carrier's ergonomic design supports a correct sitting position for the baby's hip, pelvis and spine growth. It disperses most of the baby's weight between the hips and thighs, which helps to eliminate compression of the spine when hanging by the crotch which most other designs require. The ERGO also balances the baby's weight to parents' hips and shoulders, and alleviates physical stress for the parent.
- Ergonomic design
- 400 threads per inch cotton poplin lining and hood
- 100% cotton batting in body of carrier to soften edges
- One inch, high density foam in shoulder straps
- Quarter inch high density neoprene foam in waist belt
- High Quality buckles tested by SGS
- Waist belt circumference from 25" to 43"
- Fits from 5' to 6'5" body height with adjustable shoulder and chest straps
- Sleeping hood with elastic, adjusts in length to growth of baby
- High quality webbing, matched to carrier color
- Reinforcement stitching used at all fabric intersections
- Interior rip-stop reinforcements at critical intersections
- Durability/strength tested up to 90 pounds
- Machine Washable - cold, gentle cycle
The ERGObaby Infant Insert is an innovative new design with cushions at the back and bottom to support the natural curvature of a baby's developing spine. The Infant Insert encourages a healthy hip/leg position by eliminating weight bearing on the developing sacrum.
- For use with newborns up to 4 - 5 months (with ERGObaby carrier)
- 100% Cotton fabric
- 100% Cotton filling
- Finished product is pre-washed
- Machine wash cold water, mild detergent, no bleach. Dry in low heat
• Imported- Imported
• 100% Cotton
• 100% Cotton
Here I am wearing the Ergo when Kaley was just a few days old and about 10-lbs, using the infant insert.
Here I am wearing the Ergo just a few days ago. Kaley is now 3 months (approx 15-lbs) and I no longer use the infant insert.
Why I Love it
-Kaley always falls asleep while she's in it.
-It's very simple to put her in and out of the carrier.
-The weight is distributed well so you don't feel a lot of pain on your shoulders or back.
-On Kaley's fussy days this allows her to be close to me while I still have two free hands to get things done.
-This is a lot easier to use than a car seat/stroller combo when we want to walk somewhere.
-The hood blocks out the light.
-It has a pouch with a zipper that fits: a cell phone, house keys, ID/cash, and 2 2-ounce similac bottles.
-Cuddles the whole time she's in it.
Do you use a baby carrier..?
You can buy this Ergo Carrier here - Ergobaby Carrier Galaxy Grey